How to Tell if you are Addicted to Travel: A Travel Tragic
- When doing the family budget, the holiday has first priority, food and household bills are second and third respectively. If we eat baked beans every week until we depart, that will pay for two nights accommodation somewhere.
- When buying clothes all you can think of is how well it would pack and how long it will take to dry.
- When buying that new couch, you look at the price tag and think ‘that’s a return airfare to London,’ you walk out empty handed and tell yourself the ‘black hole’ in the old sofa really isn’t that bad after all.
- When your inbox has at least 50 emails a day advertising specials from all the airlines that fly out of your nearest international airport.
- Wrestling with your conscious about taking the kids out of school again, but the devil always wins.
- When you are three years behind on all the holiday photo books you are ‘gonna’ make.
- When you know the exchange rate of all the major currencies off by heart.
- When you have visited at least ten countries in the last week….online.
- When you own no less than 5 cameras and 10 suitcases and backpacks of varying sizes, shapes and designs.
- When you can count to ten, ask for a toilet and a train ticket in at least ten different languages.
Haha! That’s gorgeous! How very true too! And every latte in your home country is a meal in some!